Our client, one of the most important manufacturer of custom metal products in North America, with undeniable expertise in steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and other metals is currently looking for a senior estimator.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering director, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of tendering strategies for specific projects and urban division, by analyzing projects proposals and based on your experience. Your work will help to develop new business opportunities for the company. As such, you will :
- Carry out submissions on projects between 100K $ and 10M$ ;
- Perform a detailled analysis on contractual quotes and documents to define the global requirement, including follow-up of published addenda that may alter the original scope of the project ;
- Carry out the quantity list (takeoff) of the labor, equipement and necessary materials to finish the project, in accordance with contract specifications in order to ensure price accuracy ;
- Solicit prices and informations on subcontactors and / or suppliers for the labor, in adition to contributing to good faith and awareness efforts ;
- Prepare instructions to bidders, the submission form and other informations requests for quotes and conceptual budgets based on minimal information ;
- Work with the management to prepare a final project cost estimation by including all data on labor, equipement and materials, documentation on pricing, general costs and profits margins and produce a final submission for rmanager review and approval ;
- In collaboration with the management, review the specific requirement of proposals and make recommandations ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in mechanical engineering, architecture or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Bilingualism (French and English spoken and written) ;
- Good skills in MS Office suite ;
- Proficient in plan and drawings reading, specifications, schedules and costs reports ;
- Experience in wrought metals fabrication will be considered as an important asset ;
- Extensive knowledges of the construction process, building regulations, environmental regulation, and safety practices.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.