Our client, a solidly established manufacturing company specializing in the manufacture and distribution of products intended for the residential construction / renovation sector and selling its products in Canada, the United States and overseas, is currently looking for its factory located in the Montreal region, an automation engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the operations director, you will have as main mandate to enhance the automated systems in the factory, in addition to participate in projects aim at improving the manufacturing process of the factory. As such, you will :
- Develop, maintain and revise the main PLC and power control programs ;
- Integrate new equipment, control and functionality into existing systems ;
- Analyze, document and optimize the programs of the main PLCs and identify areas for improvement and simplification ;
- Develop troubleshooting, error message and diagnostic guides associated with PLCs ;
- Validate the changes made to the various programs ;
- Be the custodian of program versions ;
- Solve shutdowns caused by systems and inter-system communication ;
- Be in close communication with the maintenance group, production foremen and operators ;
- Support the development of projects to improve and optimize production systems ;
- Evaluate the impact on the process of any change in programming ;
- Participate and / or develop training documents ;
- Be an agent of change ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in electrical engineering, automated production engineering, computer engineering or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in automation ;
- Member of l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Have knowledge of PLC programming and industrial networking (ethernet, profinet, profibus, etc.) ;
- Have good oral and written communication skills ;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.