Our client, an important supplier of logistic services, IT applications and healthcare automation solutions in the Canadian market, offering a range of integrated solutions through various business units, is currently looking, for his automation division, a service technician.
Nature of position
Under the service department supervisor direction, you will have as main mandate to carry out complex repairs and adjustments on the differents automated equipments distributed by the company in addition to perform the installation at customers places and train the operatives. Additionally, you will participate in the training of other technicians or support staff. You also ensure a phone technical support and occasionally, a clientele support outside working hours. As such, you will :
- Execute with diligence and professionalism the installations, repairs, necessary changes and assigned tasks on the equipments at customers places as required. This include working after hours, as needed, on a rotating on-call basis ;
- Provide a helpline and a remote training to customers, partner technicians and other team members or call center as needed ;
- Maintain and manage the equipment and the parts supplied to guarantee your capacity to execute service requests in a timely manner ;
- Ensure that all the work places are maintain cleaned, organized and safe at all time and act in a legal, sure and courteous manner when traveling to and from clients sites ;
- Complete all administrative and reports requirements ;
- Bring occasionally packages to courier depots or directly at the airport in case of emergency or after the mail pickup hours have elapsed ;
- Participate in setting up commercial showcase events as needed ;
- Foster an excellent culture and a service relation oriented on the client ;
- Perform all the above tasks in a compliant manner with company and departmental policies and procedures ;
- Act always in a conforming manner with company principles ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in electrical engineering, industrial electronic, , electronic, industrial maintenance or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience ;
- Excellent skills in interpersonal customer service and ability to communicate effectively with people from differents horizons ;
- Good abilities in written and spoken communication ;
- Experience with pneumatic and robotic systems, troubleshooting and repair would be considered as an asset ;
- Own a car and a valid driving license ;
- Demonstrate a positive customer-oriented and team-oriented attitude ;
- Be available after hours and during weekends for on-call assistance as required ;
- Possess or be in process to possess a Canadian Passport.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.