Our client, is an important association whose mission is to represent the interests of local and regional municipalities by assuming political and strategic leadership, to support municialities in their curent and future field of competence and combine the strenghts of urban and rural territories to ensure the sustainable development of the Quebec regions. Our client is currently looking for his Quebec facilities, a civil engineering technician.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the infrastructure and engineering director, you will have as mai mandate to actively participate in various projects of design, quotes and plan preparation, construction, inspection, repair and improvment of municipal structure. In addition, you will be called upon to work in a team where all the skills will be put to use and where autonomy is emphasized. As such, you will :
- Offer a technical support to the local and regional municipalities in engineering and municipal infrastructure ;
- Offer a second opinion, namely a review of studies, estimates, reports, plans and specifications, quotes, products, other technical documents, etc. ;
- Conceive municipal infrastructures (aqueduc, sewers, roads, etc.) and perform all calculations and other tasks necessary for the design ;
- Perform the on site work, carry out topographic surveys and measurements, directly supervise construction work, participate in the preparation of the work accounts and the production of reports ;
- Inspect road, municipal and culvert infrastructure on municipal networks ;
- Participate in identifying the condition of assets and determining infrastructure needs ;
- Prepare and update the intervention plans ;
- Carry out drawings, standard sections, plans and design in AutoCAD Civil 3D software ;
- Support the service in the development and review of tender documents and subsequent contracts, particularly for obtaining professional and construction services ;
- Prepare authorization requests under Articles 22 and 32 of the Environment Quality Act ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in civil engineering, architecture or any other relevant training ;
- Have relevant experience in civil engineering or any other similar function ;
- Knowledges of the software AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D ;
- Knowledges of the Office suite and MS Project ;
- Experience in construction site monitoring and quality control ;
- Construction site safety training (ASP construction) ;
- Be familiar with geodetic measuring devices (GPS, total station , level), (an asset) ;
- Know the regulations and standards in the municipal infrastructure field ;
- Have a valid driving licence and access to a car ;
- Be available to travel outside of the workplace ;
- Be flexible for the working hours.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.