Our client, a manufacturing company positioning itself as a leader in the production of technological materials and specialized chemicals on a global scale, is currently seeking, for its factory located in the Montreal region, a process engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the senior process scientist, your main mandate will be to work on the optimization and monitoring of the factory’s atomization process, in collaboration with the team leader and the various operators. As such, you will:
- Study, develop, modify and improve the atomization process in accordance with our quality standards for the purpose of operational excellence ;
- Ensure a daily follow-up of the process performance indicators ;
- Assist production to detect and solve the problems caused by the equipment, process and products ;
- Develop and execute plan tests to investigate, resolve issues or make improvements ;
- Participate in the knowledges and upgrading transfer of the production employees ;
- Ensure the integration and promotion of health, safety and environment aspects ;
- Maintain updated the work instructions ;
- Write change requests related to the process ;
- Support the sales group bu product technical support ;
- Investigate customer complains and non - compliance production ;
- For the department and as a team with the supervisor, support the process maintenance put in place for the standard ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in metallurgical engineering or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in metallurgical process field ;
- Experience in continous improvment ;
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification will be considered as an asset ;
- Bilingualism in English and French (written and spoken) ;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite ;
- Knowledges in statistical tools applicable to process ;
- Enjoy teamwork and exellent communciation skills ;
- Ability to innovate and develop efficient solutions from a process, product and cost point of view ;
- Show excellent technical analysis and a problem-solving mind ;
- Be able to work under pressure and adapt to changes.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.