Our client, a manufacturing company, specialized in machining, precision welding and mechanical assembly and relying on a diverse Canadian clientele, is currently looking for an estimator.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the production director, you will have as main mandate to carry out the price estimation for the manufacturing parts, to produce quote for customers, analyse and review prices and bids in addition to improving the estimation and bidding process based on the tools in place and those to be developed. As such, you will :
- Complete the estimations while respecting the required deadlines ;
- Study plans and specifications for the preparation of quotes;
- Follow up with the client throughout the estimation / submission process ;
- Validate raw material needs and contact raw material suppliers to make purchases ;
- Evaluate labor needs based on the history of the company ;
- Prepare and send submissions to clients ;
- Collaborate with the various departments involved in the process ;
- Perform the necessary links with the production sector to plan the production of the product ;
- Ensure the review, performance measurement and continuous improvement of the estimation, bidding and purchasing process based on the 4.0 audit ;
- Maintain and develop your knowledge in machining ;
- Ensure that each file is analyzed at the end of the inspection and shipping process;
- Participate in the implementation of the production system ;
- Ensure the necessary follow-ups with the customer service agent for customer submissions ;
- Respect the rules and OHS ;
- See to the application of policies, procedures, or rules in force in the company ;
- Establish lasting contacts with subcontractors, suppliers, etc. ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in mechanical engineering technique, DEP in machining technique or any other relevant experience ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Incredibly good knowledges in Office Suite ;
- Proficiency in English and French (written and spoken) ;
- Knowledges and experience in estimation and submission ;
- Good knowledges in SolidWorks software ;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.