Our client, a company specialized in the development, manufacture, sale and commissioning of vision instruments for the forest products processing industry, is currently seeking for a Test and Trial Technician.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the R&D director, you will have as main mandate to carry out various tests and workshop trials to ensure the quality of the equipment and that its equipment will meet the efficiency and performance promised before its delivery and installation to customers. As such you will :
- Responsible for assembly, adjustments, and testing for prototypes in research and development ;
- Responsible for the configuration, adjustments and testing of research and development test equipment ;
- Participate in the quality assurance processes of equipment before shipment to different customers ;
- Coordinate, plan and participate in test processes (client project or equipment performance evaluation) ;
- Responsible for compliance and image quality in various applications requiring artificial intelligence ;
- Support the research and development team for the provision of hardware and software improvement solutions on products ;
- Support remote service and installation teams for problem solving or training ;
- Support customers remotely or on site for problem solving or continuous product improvement ;
- Create and implement documented tools allowing the transfer of knowledge to team resources and customer training ;
- Participate in the development of strategies allowing the detection of additional characteristics on pieces of wood ;
- Support the production team when required for the delivery of products on site ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEP in electromechanic of automated systems, DEC in electronic, industrial electronic, or any other relevant experience ;
- Having good knowledges in computer sciences (computers, operating systems, software, networks, etc.) ;
- Possess experience in industrial field ;
- Be available few nights and / or during predefined weekends to support the after-sales and project service team ;
- Having a validate passeport ;
- Show thoroughness and rigor as well a spirit of analysis and logic ;
- Functional proficiency in english and french spoken and written.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.