Our client is a world leader in the development of design, manufacture, and marketing of advances industrial equipment for the defense, metallurgy, mining, additive manufacturing, 3D printing industries, oils and gas and the environment. Currently, our client is looking for a mechanical engineering lead.
Nature of position
You will have as main mandate to manage the mechanical design engineering team and provide a leadership role to the mechanical team and be the go-to person for all mechanical tasks in the company. In addition, you will manage priorities in the department and ensure that designs are delivered on time and on budget with an attention to details and aims at the highest quality possible. As such, you will :
- Provide leadership to the mechanical department to achieve the required corporates and project objectives ;
- Ensure adequate technical competencies are maintain and developed in the team and plan for future equipments ;
- Plan and control departmental resources and budgets. Define department objectives ;
- Plan and control department tasks ;
- Manage and ensure design requests follow-up, making sure the project schedule is respected, in collaboration with the project managers ;
- Ensure in a timely manner the preparation of design files and manufacturing specifications required for project execution ;
- Supervise modeling and design of various equipments complying with client’s requirement and specifications as well as all applicable standards and regulations ;
- Supervise, verify, and approve the work of the design team (design engineers, junior engineers, designers) ;
- Define the work steps, schedule the services to be provided and supervise the drafting technicians for the development of detailed drawings ;
- Develop an appropriate documentation system for drawings, specifications and calculation notes ;
- Provide mechanical engineering support and recommendations to the project leaders and the process engineering team ;
- Interacting and collaborate with the fabrication team ;
- Perform every other duty compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor or master in mechanical engineering or any other relevant experience in the engineering field ;
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in design ;
- Experience in the design of industrial process equipments ;
- Member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs ;
- Good knowledges in 3D design software, preferably Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault ;
- Demonstrate good skills in team management (Minimum 5 years with previous experience as design engineer) ;
- Excellent proficiency in French and English, written and spoken.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.