Our client, a consulting firm, solidly etablished in Quebec, is a leading company in the field of engineering and inspection of underground public utility infrastructures, in the design of telecommunications networks and electricity distribution, as well in the field of building and urban planning, is currently looking for a building mechanical engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the building mechanical departement director, you will have as main mandate to carry out building mechanic projects at commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential level. As such, you will :
- Meet the clients for the project’s realization ;
- Provide assisante to technical staff ;
- Carry out preliminary project studies ;
- Carry out mechanical installation’s expertise ;
- Perform the statements of the existing installations ;
- Calculate air conditionning and heating costs ;
- Design ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, and heating systems ;
- Design plans and quotes for the different electromechanical systems ;
- Select the technologies and equipment required to meet the stated needs ;
- Prepare specifications of the electromechanic components ;
- Carry out budget assessments ;
- Ensure that the programme, the schedule and the budget of projects are respected ;
- Work with other professionals and partners involved in the projects ;
- Perform construction supervision ;
- Review shop drawings reviews ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in building mechanic in a consulting engineering firm ;
- Member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Good knowledges in AUTOCAD software ;
- Excellent communication skills in French ;
- Knowledges in Revit will be considered as an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.