Our client, a company whose mission is to manage, operate and maintain various transport infrastructures, whose activities are divided into engineering, construction and maintenance operations is currently seeking, to continue improving the quality and efficiency of its services, for a Electrical Technician – Operations and maintenance department.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Operations and Maintenance Director, you will have as main mandate to participate in the performance and planning of various maintenance, modernization, and commissioning works, as well as the coordination of urgent interventions of various work teams while ensuring that the work complies with the standards applicable to all the Company's intelligent transport (ITS), surveillance, telecommunications and electrical systems. You will be responsible for performing various technical and administrative work related to the monitoring of its projects and contracts. In particular, you will write reports calling on your technical and management knowledge as well as tender documents for contracts under your responsibility in addition to ensuring the performance of activities related to their administration that you supervise. In addition, you will also make recommendations to adapt and improve the systems. As such, you will:
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of the equipment and devices placed at its disposal to maintain the efficient operation of ITS systems while developing and optimizing preventive maintenance programs ;
- Supervise the integration and configuration of equipment in terms of ITS, telecommunications and electrical distribution including without limitation needs analysis (manpower, material, equipment, budget), deployment of resources, administrative and budgetary control, and monitoring ;
- Participate in the tendering process for its contracts including the preparation of technical documents, the analysis of proposals and the award, as well as the development of budgets and their follow-ups ;
- Ensure that the completion of projects, work and maintenance carried out on behalf of the Company complies with various federal and provincial standards and regulations (technical, environment, health and safety in all areas of intervention covered by this position ;
- Ensure problems detection ;
- Analyze system and process problems and recommend changes ;
- Approve, coordinate, and carry out changes to equipment including the SIGC configuration ;
- Constantly assess the impact of changes on operations ;
- Assist the project team in the commissioning and acceptance of ITS, telecommunications and power distribution systems and coordinate their operation ;
- Inspect in certain cases the state of work, equipment, and structures, recommend actions, examine, and evaluate the behavior of elements inherent to its function, carry out technical surveys and submit reports to the persons concerned ;
- Prepare the deliverables related to the changes, including documentation, categorization of assets and training material ;
- Contribute to the training of users on the various functionalities of the systems and changes implemented and carry out the transfer of knowledge ;
- Ensure that users receive the appropriate support and a high level of quality and availability of service ;
- Receive requests for technical assistance, monitor and manage access ;
- Collaborate on the operational succession plan and confirm it by testing the equipment ;
- Organize and carry out site visits, guide consultants and contractors during the preparation of plans and technical documents ;
- Ensure close collaboration with the business analyst and the network administrator ;
- Receive and process requests for lockout, location of services and entry into confined spaces according to established procedures ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in electrical engineering, industrial electronics or any other relevant training or experience ;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in the ITS, surveillance, telecommunications, and electrical engineering field ;
- Knowledges of networking and programmable logic controllers (TCP / IP) ;
- Be familiar with the different standards applicable in his field ;
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team and demonstrate work team supervision experience of three to five years ;
- Knowledges in electromechanics (an asset) ;
- Knowledges in Cisco products (an asset)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, MS Project, and Outlook software ;
- Ability to communicate in French and English (written and spoken) ;
- Demonstrate autonomy and initiative ;
- Demonstrate a great sense of thoroughness, attention to detail and control as well as a strong sense of organization to be able to meet deadlines for several files at the same time ;
- Have good influence and decision-making skills ;
- Demonstrate a search for operational excellence and in providing services to users of technological solutions ;
- Hold a valid driver's license ;
- Ability to work at heights ;
- Available to work occasional shifts.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.