Our client, leader in construction project management in Quebec, carrying out construction projects in the commercial, industrial, petroleum, agri-food and other sectors, is currently looking for a building estimator / project manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company management, you will have as main mandate to estimate projects costs, in addition to participating in the planning, organization, direction and control of the work of several projects. As such, you will :
- Participate in the estimation of costs associated with projects ;
- Analyze plans and specifications as well as general conditions ;
- Visit the project site ;
- Prepare call for tender ;
- Make invitations to subcontractors and suppliers ;
- Analyze submissions from subcontractors and suppliers ;
- Prepare the final budget for presentation to the client ;
- Meet the client at various stages of the project ;
- Carry out negotiations and award contracts to suppliers and subcontractors ;
- Coordinate and supervise all stages of the project ;
- Participate in site meetings ;
- Ensure cost control ;
- Evaluate the costs of additional work and produce change requests ;
- Manage non-conformities ;
- Ensure close collaboration with subcontractors and foremen for the execution of the work ;
- Ensure that safety on construction sites and the prevention program (and Covid-19) are respected and coordinate with foremen when it is implemented ;
- Ensure quality control ;
- Direct the foreman or the site superintendent ;
- Finalize project costs at the end of the project ;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in civil engineering, construction engineering, DEC in civil engineering, architecture or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience ;
- Knowledges in Quebec construction laws and regulations ;
- Knowledges and proficiency in Word, Excel and MS Project software ;
- Ability to work under pressure and plan priorities ;
- Ability to manage several files.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.