Our client is a world leader in the development of design, manufacture, and marketing of advances industrial equipment for the defense, metallurgy, mining, additive manufacturing, 3D printing industries, oils and gas and the environment. Currently, our client is looking for mechanical drafter.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the director of technology and the chief strategist, your main mandate will be the realization of the mechanical drawing of the equipment and the management of the control system of the plans. As such, you will :
- Starting from 3-D models of various process equipment (vessels, furnaces, filter housings, etc.) and piping assemblies, produce fabrication drawings using Autodesk Inventor ;
- Prepare plant layouts, equipment details and as-built drawings
- Prepare the 2D layouts and elevation drawings
- Take part in the design and production feasibility analysis to ensure that the design is within the capabilities of the fabrication group and/or our subcontractors ;
- Follow up on production/fabrication activities and provide technical support ;
- Prepare the “as built” drawings, including in-the-field verifications
- Work in the Inventor Vault environment where files are shared with other users ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEP in industrial drafting or equivalent ;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience ;
- Very good working knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor or Solid works ;
- Knowledge of machining, welding, and fabrication methods (an asset) ;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group environment ;
- Comfortable at working in the Autodesk Vault environment ;
- Bilingual in French and english (written and spoken) ;
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.