Our client, a company specializing in the development and supply of industry-leading semiconductor lighting and LED solutions, with an international clientele, is currently looking for a Mechanical design engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the operations Vice-President, you will have as main mandate to define the product architecture in partnership with our elite design teams. For that very reason the ideal candidate must be an outside the box thinker, creative problem solver and team player with superior technical skills that understands the importance of individual ownership of tasks in the success of group efforts. As such, you will :
- Create outstanding lighting product designs in coordination with the Business Development and Project Management teams ;
- Produce product prototypes and evaluate designs to improve efficiency and performance ;
- Work closely with the architectural team to ensure design compliance with project needs and client expectations ;
- Articulate design issue quantitatively both verbally and with documentation ;
- Work together with logistics and operations to ensure product efficiency from all angles ;
- Oversee start of the manufacturing process to ensure productivity and safety ;
- Produce and maintain product design documentation for procurement, manufacturing, and technical documentation ;
- Work closely with the technical documentation team to support manuals and guides design and development ;
- Work closely with R&D, Electronics design, and Mechanical design to lead the successful delivery of new products ;
- Prepare product Bill-of-Materials (BOM) and component specifications reports for designs ;
- Support Product Managers and Procurement Team in the preparation and release and documentation of requests sent to suppliers in relation to product manufacturing ;
- Guide and lead testing phases of new product launches ;
- Support product certification efforts ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Outstanding skills and experience in mechanical design ;
- Solid 3-D CAD skills (Solidworks preferred) ;
- Working knowledge of finite element and thermal analysis theories and general mechanical engineering analysis ;
- Strong materials knowledge; especially aluminum, plastics, and silicones ;
- Mastery of the English language, with strong proofreading/editing skills ;
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning and geometric tolerancing experience (an asset) ;
- Experience in lighting, construction, and architectural (an asset).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.