Our client, a company specializing in the development and supply of industry-leading semiconductor lighting and LED solutions, with an international clientele, is currently looking for an electrical system engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the operations Vice-President, you will have as main mandate to define the specifications of the power supply and the architecture of the project's electrical system. More specifically, you will be responsible for designing detailed diagrams of electrical distribution and lighting systems, from the electrical network to each individual luminaire, including all control equipment. As such, you will :
- Design project’s power distribution and lighting systems detailed layouts, from the power grid to each individual fixture, and including all control equipment ;
- Work closely with the architectural computational design team for the definition of power system design principles and automatization of the power system topology drawings generation ;
- Produce and maintain electrical system drawings and technical documentation ;
- Produce and update electrical system drawings and technical documentation ;
- Work closely with the sales team, architects, and project managers to further determine project power systems specifications and design strategies ;
- Work closely with R&D, Electronics design, and Mechanical design to lead the successful delivery of new projects ;
- Prepare project Bill-of-Quantities (BOQ) and component specifications report for projects power systems hardware ;
- Support Project Managers in the preparation and release of Request-For-Proposal (RFP) and Purchase Orders (PO) of power system projects and hardware ;
- Guide and lead testing phases of new system launches ;
- Ensure operational compliance with system specifications during project launches ;
- Support project certification efforts and power systems code compliance coordinating, when required, the work of third-party local consultants ;
- Assist Engineering, Production, Purchasing and Project management groups with any system related assessments ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in electrical engineering or any other related engineering training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Member of "l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec" ;
- Experience in low voltage networks / systems ;
- Bilingualism in french and english (written and spoken) ;
- Proficiency in low voltage systems design under US National Electrical and/or Canadian Electrical Code/s ;
- Experience with Autocad, Solidworks and / or Revit ;
- Experience in a similar position or in lighting, construction, or architectural field is an asset ;
- Experience in the Interpretation of technical drawings and procedures.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.