Our client, a company whose mission is to manage, operate and maintain various transport infrastructures, whose activities are divided into engineering, construction and maintenance operations is currently seeking, for a project control officer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Manager, budgets and management information, you will have as main mandate to support the functional directors and work with sector leads by monitoring the scope, baseline schedule, costs and baseline budget for assigned contracts of medium to high complexity. You will act as an expert assistance to the relevant directors and their teams for their monitoring and control tasks by using existing tools and developing support tools as needed. You will be called to work on optimization and development projects and help implement new procedures and work methods to ensure management information is regularly updated. In addition, you will support your manager in monitoring the indicators of the Corporation's various projects by carrying out ad hoc analyses. As such, you will :
- Support Directors and their teams in identifying budget sources, seeking funds if required, and preparing budget transfers, if necessary, in collaboration with the finance team ;
- Closely participate in developing contract baseline planning ;
- Apply the existing project planning and monitoring process and issue recommendations for use based on best practices and the corporation's context ;
- Ensure documentation quality by adhering to the prevailing project management methodology and standards ;
- When asked by the director concerned, attend kick-off, follow-up and close-out meetings related to contracts and ensure that budget and monitoring records are archived in accordance with the corporation’s current procedures ;
- Enter activity progress reports and contract financial status reports into the SAP system or ensure quality if these reports are provided by a third party ;
- Update the functional project schedule using existing tools, if necessary ;
- Support the director in monitoring the work progress and budgets of contracts to identify trends and/or imminent risks ;
- Support the finance directorate with corporate project monitoring using key performance indicators and the dashboard ;
- Help produce accountability documents for senior managers and assist with any analyses related to projects and major work ;
- Help the sector leads and functional directors track cost changes to identify, measure and qualify variances in relation to the contract's baseline budget and the approved corporate budget plan ;
- Help resources in the planning directorate update financial data in the corporate system, if required ;
- Help reconcile project budgets with the budgets of the corporation ;
- Help optimize tools that support the control of contract management ;
- Carry out every other tasks compatibles with your functions.
- Bachelor degree in administration, engineering, information technology, project management or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as project control officer, including 3 years in cost control ;
- Excellent proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel, intermediate PowerPoint) ;
- Knowledge of project management and budget tracking/control principles ;
- PMP certification (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of SAP Business by Design (project management module) (an asset) ;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal relationships and teamwork skills ;
- Show analytical and and synthesis skills, thoroughness and discipline ;
- Influential leadership ;
- Illustrate a strong sense of organization as well an effective time and priority management ;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner with stakeholders at different seniority levels ;
- Show independence, diplomacy and ability to adapt to change ;
- Proficiency in French and English (written an spoken).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.