Our client is a large manufacturing company specialized in the manufacture of landscaping products (vinyl, aluminum and wood fences and railings, composite deck and others). Currently, our client is looking for a senior mechanical designer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering director, you will have as main mandate to design new production equipment aiming to improve the quality of the products, the operations efficiency and processes of differents factories. As part of the engineering team, you will evolve through a multidisciplinary team and also participate in the manufacturing, testing and installation of new production equipment. As such, you will :
- Write and review equipments specifications based on factories needs ;
- Generate concepts, studies, design solutions to meet project requirements, in collaboration with the other multidisciplinary team (electrical, control, MES, etc.) ;
- Prepare design review and content of differents options selected by presenting technical information in an oral presentation or concise report ;
- Perform engineering calculations (stress, force, torsion, motive power, materials resistance, drive and positioning system, chain, belt, transmission, pump, etc.) applying to the equipment and machine to be designed ;
- Determine and select , after analysis and depending on the application, the required materials ( type of steel and alloy etc.) for the equipment / machine construction ;
- Realise the detailled design using the SolidWorks (3D) software ;
- Generate and/or follow-up and approval of detailled plans intended for manufacturing ;
- Produce and prepare the purchase list or part to manufacture ;
- Coordination and monitoring of all aspects of manufacturing including mechanical design processes, manufacturing of machine parts with external suppliers for the layout, assembly of said equipment, machine (monitoring deadlines) ;
- Provide technical assistance as needed during shop assembly and fastening, and review of shop tests ;
- Actively participate in integration testing of the machine or equipment to ensure that they perform according to specifications ;
- Preparation of the equipment layout plan in the factory ;
- Participate in the commissioning of the various equipment in the factory ;
- Transfer knowledges to the local technical and plant operation team ;
- Act as adviser and technical support as needed to those responsible for mechanics in factories who need to upgrade said equipment or machine ;
- Perform technological watch ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering or any other relevant experience ;
- Minimum 12 years of experience in design ;
- Really good experience in manufacturing equipment design ;
- Member in good standing of l’Ordre des ingénieurs (an important asset) ;
- Good knowledges of 3D design softwares, in particular SolidWorks ;
- Proficiency in drawings practices, including geometric dimensioning and tolerance ;
- Mastery in english and french is an important asset ;
- Available to travel occasionally outside the country ( mainly in United States) to customer sites for installation and commissioning ;
- The proficiency in Autocad 2D software for the setting up equipments in factories will be considered as an asset ;
- Have good team management skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.