Our client is a consulting firm that has built a solid reputation in the field of building mechanics and electricity, energy efficiency and sustainable buildings, offering project analysis and support services, promoting energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gases while respecting the needs and comfort of users such as energy studies, commissioning, recommissioning and support for the ecological certification of buildings (WELL, LEED et BOMA BEST). To continue his growth, the company is currently looking for a commissioning engineer
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the general director, you will have as main mandate the management and planning of commissioning projects for new buildings of small, medium and large scope. As such, you will :
- Review the design of the building's mechanical and electrical systems and provide recommendations relevant to the proper functioning of the systems in the intended mode of operation;
- Develop equipment verification forms and project documentation ;
- Participate in meetings, site visits and testing of mechanical and electrical equipment ;
- Check the installation and participate in the start-up of mechanical and electrical equipment ;
- Research and diagnose operating and performance problems of building mechanical equipment and systems ;
- Write visit reports and technical reports ;
- Participate in the search for solutions to the problems encountered on site ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering, electricity, or any other relevant academic training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in commissioning, construction site surveillance, mechanical and electrical building systems automation, or in operation and maintenance of mechanical systems ;
- Theoretical and practical skills in energy efficiency of building systems (an asset) ;
- Possess health and safety certification on construction sites ;
- Valid driving license required ;
- LEED accreditation or knowledge of the principles of sustainable development and energy efficiency (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of codes and standards governing building mechanics (an asset) ;
- Proficiency in french and english (written and spoken) (an important asset) ;
- Demonstrate good autonomy, a sense of responsibility and initiative, great curiosity and the desire to continuously learn.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.