Our client, an institution of higher education, research and studies, firmly established in the region of Quebec and Montreal and having other regional establishments, is currently looking for an Information system advisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Information Technology Department Director, you will have as main mandate to help define the overall vision and architecture of information systems or IT infrastructures. You will ensure that the needs and realities of stakeholders, the unit's strategic objectives, technological constraints and organizational issues converge to design innovative, realistic solutions with added value. As such, you will :
- Advise and support the director on the development of global solutions to achieve the strategic objectives of management ;
- Offer innovative solutions including, in particular and not exclusively, information technologies ;
- Design, build and produce system architectures. Write and produce architectural deliverables ;
- Validate, comment on and approve detailed architectures, business cases, preliminary analyzes, architectural opinions and comparative analyzes ;
- Exercise quality control of business solutions, ensure integration, consistency and adequacy with the overall business architecture ;
- Act as a liaison between users and the IT team to ensure the match between needs and delivered solutions ;
- Collect, define, determine and document users needs ;
- Document the scope of projects, objectives, added value or even expected benefits ;
- Analyze and model business needs and processes to translate business requirements, operational and functional requirements ;
- Carry out opportunity and impact studies on subjects that may affect operational processes ;
- Ensure compliance with strategic orientations as well as costs, work schedules and scope of mandates ;
- Document and improve the operational processes, procedures and new business processes of the several departments ;
- Ensure the management of the different IT systems ;
- Develop and implement strategies and test cases ;
- Support users in carrying out acceptance tests ;
- Participate in the production and deployment ;
- Design and write training documents ;
- Provide staff from different business departments with assistance and expertise relating to different procedures and business processes ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in computer sciences, computer engineering, business administration or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum five years of relevant experience ;
- Knowledges of business process modeling methods (ex. BPMN) ;
- Be independant and show a sens of initiative ;
- Analysis and judgment capacity ;
- Illustrate skills in methodology, planning and work organization ;
- Sense of customer service ;
- Ability for collaboration and teamwork ;
- Relational and communication skills (spoken and written).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.