Our client, a major Montreal institution with six pavilions and structures, visited by more than 500,000 people annually, is currently looking for a building and security manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Operations director, you will have as main mandate to organize, direct and control, with the help of a team of twenty people, the maintenance and safety activities of the institution, to ensure the sustainability of buildings and equipment and ensure the well-being of users. As such, you will :
- Handle and coordinate all operations for the purpose of maintaining the integrity of the buildings and equipment of the establishment ;
- Manage the human resources assigned to the building / security technology sectors (more than 20 employees) ;
- Organize and coordinate the safety and security of people and goods, ensure risk prevention and guarantee compliance with safety rules ;
- Establish orientations and priorities in terms of prevention, awareness and safe storage of goods, especially hazardous products ;
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of buildings ;
- Participate in infrastructure development or modernization projects ;
- Carry out calls for tenders for the supply of goods and services, in compliance with the administrative policies in force ;
- Ensure contracts follow-up ;
- Collaborate in the development of operating budgets for its business sectors ;
- Ensure the optimal use and management from the agreed budgets of human, financial and material resources of its business sectors ;
- Coordinate activities and organize work considering expertise, staff availability, nature of needs and volume of activities ;
- Advise and assist the managers from other departments ;
- Ensure the continuous training of its staff and ensure cohesion and collaboration within its teams
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in engineering, administration or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Experience in human resource management ;
- Good knowledges of building mechanical systems and the security service operation ;
- Experience in a multi site institution and in a security service operation will be considered as an asset ) ;
- Knowledges of the Private Security Office regulations (BSP) ;
- Proficiency in French (spoken and written) and functional English ;
- Ability to mobilize teams and manage priorities ;
- Demonstrate autonomy, initiative and some leadership ;
- Ability to negotiate effectively with contractors and suppliers ;
- Show exellent interpersonal skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.