Our client, a company specializing in the manufacture of real-time simulators and test equipment for electrical, electromechanical and power electronic systems, is currently looking for a system integration engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Power Testbeds Division Manager, you will be responsible for the integration of various hardware and software components to design specialized testbeds that meet the needs of the simulation market with amplifier in the loop. These products are designed from standard products (real-time simulators, amplifiers), products from other specialty manufacturers and software applications that integrate all elements of the system to meet specific application needs. As such, you will :
- Perform the system design for power, low voltage (120-1500V, direct current and alternating current) test bench applications ;
- Carry out the verification and validation of the test benches. The tests are notably carried out using Simulink models executed in real time on the platforms ;
- In collaboration with the various multidisciplinary teams (mechanics, software, hardware, firmware), coordinate the management of test benches which are standard products and their releases. Coordinate / participate in the design of test benches that are not standard products, including the generation of project-specific firmware ;
- Coordinate procurement and deliveries in collaboration with project managers, production and buyers ;
- Carry out the necessary investigations and research to solve the problems encountered ;
- Participate in the certification and monitoring of good practices (as required) relating to electrical safety ;
- Follow-up of good design practices to ensure electrical safety and comply with SPE1000 requirements ;
- Produce the required documentation and test reports ;
- Contribute to the improvement of tools, work methods and design process ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in electrical engineering, or any other relevant training ;
- Be a member of l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- 5 years of experience in system integration for power electronics applications ;
- Experience in microcontrollers and application design based on programmable logic circuit ;
- Knowledge of products in the voltage range (120-1500V), current range (15-600A), motor controls and power converters ;
- Knowledge of low voltage direct current and alternating current equipment ;
- Experience in FPGA design, particularly with the use of the Xilinx / Matlab XSG suite, (an asset) ;
- Bilingualism in French and English (spoken and written) ;
- Knowledges of Matlab and Simulink will be an asset as well as the IEC-61010 electrical safety standard and other relevant standards, such as the Canadian Electrical Code.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.