Our client, a manufacturing company specialized in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment for the transportation sector, is currently looking for an engineering director.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the general director, you will have as main mandate to ensure the resources and project coordination of the engineering department. You will be responsible for the activities of development, improvement and documentary maintenance of the product portfolio in addition to ensuring the monitoring of best practices rallying product design with the reduction of production costs in hours and materials. As such, you will :
- Ensure the employees coordination of the department (4 people) ;
- Coordinate the start-up of the various projects identified by the planning officer ;
- Monitoring of documentary practices established by the company affecting the drawing base and the ERP manufacturing system ;
- Participate in weekly order book meetings (monitoring and progress of work in progress) ;
- Follow the deadlines for the submission of production files and the conformity of drawings in relation to the specifications of customer projects ;
- Check and approve the drawings of manufacturing projects ;
- Responsible for creating and maintaining up-to-date manufacturing recipes (BOM) for products in SolidWorks, CAD and the ERP system ;
- Monitoring and upgrading of manufacturing processes, standardization of equipment used in manufacturing and assembly processes with a view to reducing costs ;
- Development and upgrading of assembly jigs ;
- Interfacing with subcontactors ;
- Perform finite element analyzes ;
- Preparation and updating of operating parts manuals, overseeing special projects, new product development, etc. ;
- Provide support to the sales team, production and customers ;
- Ensure the technological watch of the various markets related to the industry ;
- Ensure the maintenance and development of adequate technical skills within the team and plan for future human resources needs ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering or any other relevant training in engineering ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in design ;
- Knowledges of the design software SolidWorks ;
- Member of " l'Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec " ;
- Experience in managing several projects simultaneously ;
- Solid experience in equipment design ;
- Be team-oriented, show organization skills and curiosity ;
- Knowledges hydraulics will be considered as important asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.