Our client, a manufacturing company, located in Quebec center region is currently looking, to continue his growth, for a production manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the operations director, you will have as main mandate to lead, control and evaluate all production activities to ensure that products are manufactured according to the specifications and standards provided and on schedule. In addition, you will be responsible directly for the production supervisors, the planner and the trainer team and indirectly for all production employees. As such, you will :
- Plan, organize, direct and control all the operations of the planning and production departments ;
- Mobilize your work team towards the achievement of operational objectives (health, safety, quality, productivity) by focusing on a positive work climate emphasizing the values of respect, teamwork, intensity and performance ;
- Establish and maintain communication practices that promote engagement, collaboration and retention of talent ;
- Create and foster a culture focused on rigor and continuous improvement ;
- Support and lead his team in and maintaining and managing the performance indicators of the various departments of the plant to obtain competitive, stable and reliable results ;
- Report and present to the management team the status of production KPIs while highlighting improvement opportunities and supporting action plans ;
- Facilitate meetings with various employees of the company ;
- Participate in the analysis of work methods and suggest ways to improve the productivity of his team ;
- Assess workforce needs, participate in recruitment, onboarding and onboarding resources. Manage their development by participating in the implementation of the training program and coordinating the activities of the trainer team in the different departments ;
- Actively participate, as a change agent, in the establishment and maintenance of all policies and procedures ;
- Participate in meetings with employees in the event of non-compliance with policies and procedures or discipline, give reprimands if necessary ;
- Perform performance evaluations and consolidate expectations with their team ;
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other functions ;
- Act as a coach with members of his team in the development of skills and good management practices. Implements the coaching process with members of his team ;
- Prepare and manage the budgets of its departments ;
- Ensure that good practices in health and safety are respected ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor or DEC in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of pertinent experience in production planning and supervision ;
- Knowledges of "Lean manufacturing" principles also of an ERP type manufacturing system ;
- Knowledges of MS Office suite ;
- Possess excellent communication and mobilization skills ;
- Have strong management and interpersonal skills, be creative and demonstrate a good analytical and synthesis spirit.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.