Our client, a North American leader in the design, manufacture and service of wide range of high-quality furniture for all types of business and institutional environments is currently looking for a manufacturing project engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering director, you will have as main mandate to participate in the improvement of existing technologies, the implementation of new manufacturing technologies in the melamine panel cutting, edge banding and machining of any kind related to the office furniture manufacturing. As such, you will :
- Participate in the analysis of engineering studies, relating to equipment and manufacturing processes to optimize the production flow through the plant ;
- Analyze production or machine stoppages to suggest improvements, then measure them and integrate them into our specifications ;
- Participate in optimizing the use of raw material on equipment ;
- Propose innovative methods of programming parts on the differents equipment to maximize capacity, quality and productivity ;
- Validate the feasibility of the production launch of new collection or special requests from design and propose improvements on our current collections ;
- Establish and maintain contacts with suppliers to define the specifications requirements, carry out technical information presentation as well analysis results ;
- Ensure the integration and functionality of the differents IT systems in collaboration with the IT department ;
- Work with multidisciplinary groups for the establishment of investment projects aimed at improving process costs and quality ;
- Participate in setting up training plans for operators and maintenance ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your function.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, automated production engineering or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing field ;
- Be a member of l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Proficiency in functionnal english ;
- Excellent skills in MS Office suite and knowledges in software Autocad (an asset) ;
- Demonstrate autonomy, rigor and strong interpersonal skills ;
- Be endowed with a spirit of analysis, judgment and a sharp critical sense ;
- Be available to travel occasionally.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.