Our client, a world leader in the design development, manufacturing and marketing of advanced industrial equipment for the defense, metallurgy, mining, additive manufacturing, 3D printing, Oil and Gas and Environment is currently looking for a Manufacturing director.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the CEO, you will have as main mandate to be responsible for all fabrication activities in the company (electrical, mechanical and assembly). You will ensure on time and on budget delivery of high quality fabricated equipment, assemblies and parts. As such, you will :
- Manage all activities relating to the fabrication of various industrial equipment. Fabrication activities include machining, welding and assembly, metal cutting, piping welding and assembly, wiring of assemblies and fabrication of control cabinets ;
- Schedule and plan daily fabrication activities ensuring optimal productivity of the team ;
- Prepare the fabrication travellers and distribute the tasks to the appropriate resources ;
- Ensure that proper quality inspection systems and procedures are in place and that proper documentation is maintained ;
- Ensure on time and on budget delivery of the fabricated equipment ;
- Prepare cost evaluations for the project managers ;
- Ensure appropriate human and material (machines, inventory) resources are in place ;
- Ensure resources in the department are properly trained ;
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained with clearly documented maintenance schedules, records, and procedures ;
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment is always maintained ;
- Implement a Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) System ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in engineering, DEC in mechanical engineering, DEC in industrial engineering, or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Experience in managing a manufacturing team ;
- Have an experience in an ASME certified shop (an asset) ;
- Demonstrate diplomacy, a keen sense of organization and be able to work under pressure ;
- Demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills ;
- Being able to stand for long hours ;
- Be available to travel occasionally ;
- French and English bilingualism (spoken and written).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.