Our client, a fast-growing company specializing in prefabricated building structures and offering a range of turnkey products, starting from plans design to factory manufacturing and site installation, is currently seeking a senior structural engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the General Manager, your main mandate will be to participate in all phases of the project realisation, from pre-construction to installation. In addition, you will act as a technical reference, both internally and externally, and will also participate in the evolution and improvement of the mixed steel-concrete construction system. As such you will :
- Ensure the coordination and supervision of engineers and technicians assigned to the project ;
- Assist and train clients on the company's standards ;
- Ensure the conformity of the design calculations according to the various standards ;
- Verify and/or adapt the plans and quotes according to the company's standards ;
- Proceed to the calculation and approval of complex assemblies ;
- Proceed to the design and layout of buildings ;
- Act as a mentor to your team ;
- Prepare sketches for technicians and project managers ;
- Participate in internal and external coordination meetings ;
- Conduct surveys, work plans and capacity analyses on company products ;
- Perform any other tasks required in the course of your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering or any other relevant experience ;
- Master's degree in applied science (specialization in structure an asset) ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Strong interest in structural steel ;
- Must be a member of the OIQ ;
- Proficient with the softwares : ADA, ETABS AutoCAD and Excel (an asset) ;
- Good knowledge of steel structure calculations ;
- Knowledge of CSA-S16, CSA-S136 and CSA A23.3 standards (an asset) ;
- Functional bilingualism and communication skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.