Our client is a world leader in the development of design, manufacture, and marketing of advances industrial equipment for the defense, metallurgy, mining, additive manufacturing, 3D printing industries, oils and gas and the environment. Currently, our client is looking for a quality assurance manager for its metallic powder division.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Quality Management, your primary mandate will be to ensure consistent production quality through the implementation and compliance of the Quality Management System to ISO 9001, medical and aerospace standards, as well as other internal and external requirements of the Additives Division. As such you will :
- Create and maintain processes, procedures and work instructions (quality management system) to ensure quality product standards ;
- Perform Quality Management System audit to ensure standards are maintained ;
- Execute continuous improvement projects to improve the quality system on site and on product quality while ensuring compliance with standards (ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485 and ISO14000) ;
- Ensure the quality of raw materials and suppliers by conducting evaluations and audits ;
- Participate in the definition of quality objectives and performance indicators (KPI) for the Additive Division and the monitoring of these indicators ;
- Ensure that risks related to the manufacturing processes are evaluated and that their associated corrective and preventive actions are established and effective ;
- Work with the Director of Quality Assurance, Vice President Additive and related department managers to meet quality requirements in the process to ensure cohesion and performance of the manufacturing process to quality standards ;
- Communicate with external managers on quality management system issues for the division ;
- Ensure the management of documentation, records and non-conformances related to the quality of the manufacturing process ;
- Manage training for employees involved in product manufacturing quality ;
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement based on developing people's problem-solving skills ;
- Perform any other tasks consistent with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other relevant education ;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards and quality management principles ;
- Knowledge of AS9100 for aerospace and ISO13485 for medical devices (an asset) ;
- Good management and organizational skills ;
- Ability to work independently ;
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail ;
- Good knowledge of metal transformation processes (an asset) ;
- Problem solving skills ;
- Bilingualism (written and spoken).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.