Our client, an important damage insurance supplier in Canada, being on Kicentric’s list of choice in Canada employer, is currently looking for his internal technical investigation team, a Building mechanical engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the technical investigation director, you will need to understand and identify the causal factors of damage while eliminating other possible causes. You will have to recreate the sequence of events that led to the loss and validate these steps with current knowledge. In addition, you will have to produce short reports, and detailed ones in the case of major damages. Finally, you will also be called to testify in court to present your expert opinion. As such you will :
- Analyze breakdowns and problems related to ventilation, air conditioning, heating and cooling and general plumbing, fire protection, refrigeration, steam and any other related problems ;
- Investigate breakdowns of boilers, compressors, heating and air conditioning systems, water heaters and other related equipment as well as projected energy and water consumption ;
- Update the impact of the operation of mechanical systems on the environment ;
- Analyze shop drawings and substitution/equivalency requests proposed by the contractor ;
- Respond to questions from stakeholders regarding your expertise ;
- Analyze the commissioning of systems and devices ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant education ;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience ;
- Communication skills, both oral and written ;
- Functional English level ;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (or possibility of becoming one) ;
- Skilled as an exposure device operator, certified Level I inspector in visual, radiographic and ultrasonic inspection (an asset) ;
- Experience in welding inspection (an asset) ;
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB), Welding Bureau (CWB) certification (an asset).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.