Our client, a company that specializes in the distribution of power transmission equipment, industrial engines for off-highway applications, industrial power units and generators, is currently looking for a project manager for its technical department, located at the head office in Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company's management, your mandate will be to participate in the management of internal projects and to support the production/assembly of mechanical and hydraulic power transmission equipment in addition to supporting the OEM project manager, in collaboration with the company's entire team of professionals. As such, you will :
- Planning and organizing the assembly of projects by producing specifications ;
- Follow up on production projects in the workshop, as well as final inspection (quality control) ;
- Support the engine integration project managers and internal sales (drawings and documentation) ;
- Follow-up and manage projects (Gantt) in order to respect schedules, costs and specifications of value-added products produced by the company, supervise the progress of work in progress and provide weekly reports ;
- Communicate with the engineering departments of the company's manufacturers and suppliers ;
- Requisition inventory items required for production (BOM) ;
- Manage the technical data library ;
- Ensure the conformity of drawings that will be used as reference for the manufacturing of equipment as well as the related material lists ;
- Communicate relevant project information with stakeholders (production, SAP Business One, sales, engineering, procurement, etc.) ;
- When necessary, design and develop plans, technical and shop drawings (3D) for power units, generators and engine accessory supports ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your duties.
- DEC in mechanical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in mechanical design ;
- Mastery of 3D and 2D design software such as SolidWorks, Draftsight or AutoCAD ;
- Good interpersonal relationships ;
- Functional bilingualism (French and English).
Salary and condition
Competitive and negotiable salary depending on the candidate.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.