Our client, a company specialized in the transformation of petrochemical products, having as a constant preoccupation to see to the improvement of the processes by proposing means to improve the energy efficiency, the reliability of the equipments and the quality of the products while reducing its environmental footprint, is currently looking for an automation engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, your main mandate will be to optimize the industrial control systems in the factory as well as to participate in projects aimed at improving the factory's process. As such, you will :
- Identify the root causes of breakdowns and propose preventive and corrective actions to avoid recurrence ;
- Ensure the maintenance and performance of control systems (DCS/PLC) ;
- Ensure the maintenance of programming structures and approve their content ;
- Carry out the programming of the plant's control systems (Honeywell DCS, Allen-Bradley PLCs, historien PI) ;
- Support by your expertise the technicians in instrumentation and make the follow-up of the equipment ;
- Carry out modifications on schematics (HMI) during projects and changes ;
- Work in conjunction with the operation and process engineers in the optimization of the plant control strategies ;
- Maintain and develop system knowledge and transfer it to stakeholders ;
- Provide technical expertise to the operations team during problem solving processes ;
- Carry out and supervise projects related to instrumentation, automation, and seek expertise if necessary ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, automated production engineering, chemical engineering, or any other relevant training ;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (an asset) ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in instrumentation and process control systems related to industrial control systems (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks and industrial control as well as the ability to work on systems in operation ;
- Knowledge of ISA standards, ability to read and understand process diagrams (P&IDs) and facility with programming languages ;
- Knowledge of Honeyell TDC3000 and Experion control systems (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of historien PI application, VB script, Advanced Multi Variable Program Application (AMPA) (an asset) ;
- Experience with Honeyell, HPM, C300, and Allen-Bradley PLC controllers (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of industrial programming protocols (Ladder, Functional block, script) (an asset) ;
- Functional bilingualism (spoken and written French and English).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.