Our client, a consulting firm specialized in materials engineering (site and laboratory tests, pavement design, expertise on materials and project management), geotechnology (drilling, exploration trenches, slope stabilization and expertise on soils) and in the environment (soil characterization and management of contaminated materials), is currently looking for a Project Manager - Materials Engineering.
Nature of position
Under the direction of the vice-president, your main mandate will be to act as a project manager and to be in charge of the realization of various mandates of different natures and complexities on the quality control of materials. You will also be in charge of the services of a project manager and a trainee to complete these projects. Your role will be to be responsible for the realization of the mandate from the opening of the file to the writing of the final report. In addition, you will have to ensure the quality of the services rendered, the respect of the deadlines, the profitability of the projects while maintaining high standards of satisfaction of the customers. As such, you will :
- Assist the Vice President and Directors in the follow-up of work with less experienced resources and collaborate with them in the writing, control and closing of service offers ;
- Estimate the quantities required for the project ;
- Participate in business development by initiating targeted customer contacts in a market recommended by the Vice President ;
- Analyze customer needs, propose a work program and ensure its implementation ;
- Ensure that the project team is qualified to achieve the project objectives ;
- Participate in the review of final reports as requested ;
- Participate in the induction and training of interns, project assistants (PIs) and project managers ;
- Communicate to the Director and the Team Leader the points of improvement of the Assistant Project Managers and propose solutions ;
- Ensure consistency of processes within the engineering department ;
- Implement a talent development program for all IPCs and act as a mentor ;
- Ensure internal ISO 9001 quality standards are met ;
- Review plans and specifications, established bids and design notes (if applicable) ;
- Establish an inspection and testing program in accordance with the plans and specifications ;
- Identify, in the dispatch database and/or to the dispatcher, the human and material resources (equipment) needs ;
- Coordinate the inspections and tests of the technicians on site ;
- Ensure that the materials used comply with the requirements and are installed in accordance with industry standards and best practices and identify and follow up on materials or work that does not comply with the requirements ;
- Travel to the project site, upon request, to conduct support visits and/or testing ;
- During the term, identify training needs to the Auditor/Trainer Coordinator ;
- Be aware of the work schedule of his/her team and communicate personnel and equipment requirements ;
- Verify field test reports, ensure that deliverables are submitted on time and write progress and final reports ;
- Validate the profitability of projects and participate in the preparation of monthly invoices ;
- Validate that the work of the junior project managers and interns meets the standards established by the company ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Construction Engineering or other relevant education ;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a project manager in the field of materials engineering as an engineer ;
- Familiarity with MTQ projects and good knowledge of current standards (CGCC, BNQ, LC, etc.) ;
- Fluency in French (oral and written) ;
- Excellent command of the Office Suite ;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec and possess the ASP card ;
- Relevant experience in the field ;
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a car ;
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and be autonomous and proactive.
Salary and condition
Competitive and negotiable salary depending on the candidate.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.