Our client, a consulting firm, solidly established in Quebec for 20 years, carrying out projects in infrastructure, buildings, industrial, construction, transport, water treatment and the environment is currently looking for an assistant director for the mechanical and process department, for its place of business located on the South Shore of Montreal.
Nature of position
In collaboration and under the supervision of the Mechanical and Process Manager, your main mandate will be to carry out project management and coordinate the operations of the department. As such, you will have to :
- Develop the department team to ensure their efficiency, development and initiative ;
- Design processes and ensure the safety and quality of the various projects ;
- Conduct safety and operability reviews (Hazop) ;
- Respect budgets and schedules ;
- Conduct safety studies and reviews related to the various projects ;
- Develop preliminary and detailed engineering ;
- Prepare specifications and select equipment and instruments ;
- Produce piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) ;
- Write reports and documentation ;
- Perform mass and heat balance calculations ;
- Perform various calculations (piping, pumps, hydraulics, pressure drop) ;
- Produce flow diagrams (PFD) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or other relevant education ;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering ;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Experience in advanced process control, strong mechanical and instrumentation & control skills ;
- Bilinguial French and English spoken and written ;
- Experience in consulting engineering or in operating plants ;
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office ;
- Ability to adapt, rigor and organizational skills ;
- Excellent team spirit at work and good communicator.
Salary and condition
Competitive and negotiable salary depending on the candidate.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.