Our client, a major manufacturing company specializing in the processing and sale of a wide range of inorganic chemicals, is currently seeking a Health, Safety and Environment Manager for its facilities located in Montérégie.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Regional HSE Manager, you will be responsible for providing advice and facilitating a collaborative approach to facility management on the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment and Responsible Care programs to reduce the risk and incidents of accidents, injuries and environmental releases. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing required training, approvals and reporting, audits and record keeping, and maintaining appropriate safety supplies and overall support of the HSE culture, with a focus on continuous improvement. As such, you will :
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and manages the implementation of HSE and responsible management policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and practices at the facilities ;
- Provide coaching, employee development, performance management and training to staff assigned to the HSE department ;
- Provide appropriate level of leadership and conduct performance evaluations ;
- Maintain contact with site personnel to identify hazards and to develop and implement corrective/improvement actions. This may include review and approval of specific work permits, as well as participation in incident investigation teams, safety audits, design reviews, process safety reviews, project review teams and/or job task analysis ;
- Promote proactive safety participation by all employees and ensure that injuries, illnesses, incidents, near misses and unsafe conditions are reported and investigated ;
- Maintain site management systems, incident management database, action item database, and HSE compliance schedule, including routine reporting, audits, and license renewals ;
- Design, implement and maintain HSE programs and policies to meet or exceed compliance with federal, state and local regulations, internal policies and customer requirements including environmental, safety, transportation, security, responsible care codes and RC 14001 requirements ;
- Provide support on the industrial hygiene program through air and noise monitoring and exposure assessments and prepare reports ;
- Participate in quality assurance and support continuous improvement within the ISO 9000 and RC14001 processes ;
- Perform all documentation essential to the proper functioning of the HSE program. Follow up on interactions with regulatory authorities, insurance companies or HSE consultants on issues impacting manufacturing operations ;
- Ensure that environmental permits and reports are up to date and ensure compliance with permit requirements ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (environmental, engineering, science, health and safety, etc.) ;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to safety management, environment, preferably in the chemical industry or related environment;
- Advanced knowledge of HSE regulations, management systems, regulatory agencies, trends and resources ;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and extensive internet research capabilities;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Available for support visits to various manufacturing facilities in Quebec (Monteregie and Quebec City area), participation in professional development seminars or training, or other travel as required.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.