Our client is a manufacturing company specializing in the manufacture of parts for the automotive sector, with clients in North America, Europe, and Asia. They are currently looking for a Mechanical Process Technicianfor their state-of-the-art facilities.
Nature of position
The Process Technician reports to the Engineering Manager to analyze, design, develop and test concepts, equipment or processes in order to improve the efficiency of various manufacturing sectors. This includes both equipment and tooling. He/she provides support to the operations by operating, participating in modifications/repairs and by giving the required training to employees.
- Carry out the changes and modifications necessary to maintain and improve the production equipment ;
- Design new equipment, tooling and prototypes ;
- Analyze and ensure effective repair of equipment and tooling with the collaboration of maintenance, engineering and the machine shop ;
- Liaise with external suppliers of equipment, processes and products to improve productivity ;
- Participate in the training of employees on equipment, adjustments, quality inspection procedures and maintenance ;
- articipate in continuous improvement projects by preparing and facilitating activities ;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- DEC in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks software.
- Knowledge of the injection process (an asset) ;
- Experience with machine tools / machining (an asset) ;
- Bilingualism and computer skills are required.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.