Our client, a major enterprise offering a wide selection of concrete connections and composite beams for precast and poured-in-place applications, is currently looking for a Structural Engineer for its installations located in the Quebec City area.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Engineering Director, you will have as main mandate to be responsible for designing structures (beams and mixed columns) and managing the various projects carried out by the company in Canada and in the United States. In addition, you will work in close collaboration with the sales team and will make short occasional trips to your project sites throughout North America. As such, you will :
- Perform structural design (beams and mixed columns) ;
- Perform structural calculations ;
- Ensure the management of projects under your responsibility ;
- Ensure that projects comply with industry norms and standards as well as client expectations ;
- Coordinate projects and communicate with external interveners (clients, architects, other engineers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.) ;
- Respect fee budgets and deliverable schedules ;
- Verify shop drawings ;
- Occasionally write estimate and technical reports ;
- Produce detail drawings ;
- Participate in the research and development of new products ;
- Participate in the elaboration of submissions and estimates ;
- Supervise the work, both in the office and on the site ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering or other relevant engineering training ;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec or be able to become one ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in structural design ;
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written) ;
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence inter-functional teams without formal authority.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.