Our client, a company specialized in the design and manufacturing of test and measurement instruments for the global power systems industry, is currently looking for a Mechanical Designer.
Nature of position
Reporting to the Technology Director, you will work on the design and development of measuring instruments and their associated probes. In addition, you will have to work closely with the various members of the team to ensure the smooth development of software, electronics and mechanics. As such you will :
- Participate in the preparation of mechanical specifications ;
- Conceive, prototype and test designs ;
- Collaborate with developers from different fields of expertise ;
- Design tools and test benches to facilitate the production of products ;
- Participate in the improvement of existing products ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or DEC in mechanical engineering or any other relevant training ;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience ;
- Good knowledge of the principles related to the design of machined parts (an asset) ;
- Good knowledge of SolidWorks design software ;
- Knowledge of DFM/DFA (Design for Manufacturing, Design for Assembly) principles ;
- Knowledge of the principles related to the design of injected parts (an asset) ;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both official languages ;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.