Our client, a company specializing in the manufacture of a wide range of communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air-laid nonwoven products, is currently seeking an Electrical Project Engineer for its Eastern Townships facility.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Engineering Coordinator and as part of a team of professionals passionate about achieving results, your main mandate will be to support the team in the design, planning, management and control of engineering projects. As such you will :
- Ensure that work performed meets project requirements, standards, schedules and budgets ;
- Provide technical assistance to the operations and maintenance sectors as well as other plant departments ;
- Meet the needs of the sector in a context of continuous improvement ;
- Popularize technical information and work in collaboration with the various stakeholders in engineering, maintenance and operations ;
- Supervise, from time to time, external contractors and consultants ;
- See to the optimization of processes (programs, equipment productivity, etc.) ;
- Analyze and develop solutions to recurring problems (trouble shooting) ;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, environmental, quality and responsible management standards and policies in your activities ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering ;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or be in the process of becoming a member (CPI) ;
- Be a recent university graduate or have a few years of experience ;
- Experience in the pulp and paper or heavy industry (an asset) ;
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.